Published on February 12th, 2011 | by Julia1
Rock CandyRock Candy – Valentines iPod
We found this great Valentine’s Day craft over on. It’s a box of candy disguised as an ipod.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pieces of string (about 14 inches each)
- 2 pieces of wrapped candy (peanut butter cups work great)
- A box of Conversation Hearts
- Aluminum foil
- White paper or
- 4 by 7 inch strip of coloured paper (for the one in the picture they used pink paper)
Here’s how to make ‘em:
1. Tape each string to a piece of candy
2. Wrap the candy in aluminum foil
3. Tape the lose ends of the string to the candy box
4. Wrap the coloured paper around the candy box and secure it with glue.
5. Family Fun has a scroll wheel and playlist you can customize and print. Or you make your own. Cut out shapes for the scroll wheel and fill in the playlist with your favourite tunes (or a funny message)!
6. Glue the scroll wheel and playlist on to the box
Tip: If you don’t have Conversation Hearts, you can still make Rock Candy. A box of gum or other candy would work well too, but you’ll have to make your own scroll wheel and playlist – just cut out a smaller circle and rectangle that will fit the box you choose.
And hey, if you have an old ipod box lying around, you’ll have a fantastic prank to play on someone. 🙂